Research has shown that 25% of people give up their New Year resolutions after just one week, while fewer than 10% will maintain their goal to the end of the year. What a waste of good intentions! Here are my 6 personal suggestions on beating the odds:
- Make your resolutions the way you want to live your life and how you define yourself both personally and professionally, rather than how you are defined by others. Our planning your ideal life planner can be downloaded here.
2. When you set yourself personal objectives, only set a small number and make them SMART. (Specific/Measurable/Achievable/Resourced/Timebound).
3. Think about why you do what you do, how you do it and what you do as a basis for self-reflection and self-improvement.
4. Consider stretching yourself out of your comfort zone – it can be exhilarating.
5. Be prepared to share your resolutions as widely as you feel comfortable to help keep you on track.
6. Spend time with people who get the best out of and energise you and vice-versa.
Need help? Book a call with us here